Has your hair started falling out? Are you looking for a way to help regrow it? There are many products that are designed to help regrow hair that could help you.
Since there are so many different options out there, it can be challenging to know which products will actually work for you. To help you narrow down your choices and make your decision a little easier, we have reviewed five of the best hair regrowth products that are available.
Best 5: Hair Regrowth Products Review
Product Image & Rating (Out Of 10)
The illumiflow 272 Diodes is a laser cap that can help you regrow your hair. It uses Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT). The illumiflow has 272 laser diodes that cover your scalp and are designed to stimulate hair growth.
Unlike some other similar products, this option has been cleared by the FDA. The manufacturers undergo testing and employ strict regulations when producing it to ensure that it meets their high standards.
With this product, you can address a variety of hair loss types and concerns. It can be worn by both men and women who are experiencing receding hairlines, thinning hair, hair loss, or even those who are trying to prevent a genetic predisposition for hair loss.
You'll find that using this product is simple; it only needs to be worn for 30 minutes, three times each week. The treatments are painless, and since the cap is worn on your head, you will have your hands free to work on other tasks when you're wearing it.
This product is also designed to last for a long time. It features an improved battery life over previous models and is rated for as many as 20,000 treatments.
You can purchase this product without a prescription since it was developed as an over-the-counter (OTC) option. Using this product will be significantly less expensive than visiting an on-site treatment center to receive laser therapy.
The CapillusPro Mobile Laser Therapy Cap is another option that uses Low Lever Laser Therapy to help regrow your hair. A clinical study was conducted on this product that showed it to be 95% effective. Of the participants in the study, 95% of them showed an increase in their hair counts after 17 weeks.
This product is designed to be used for individuals who are experiencing pattern baldness, thinning hair, and receding hairline due to genetics. If your hair loss is hereditary, wearing this product for just six minutes each day could help you regrow your hair.
The cap contains 272 laser diodes. During the treatment times, the lasers cover your entire scalp and help to stimulate hair growth. After a period of time, you should be able to notice a difference in your hair.
Since this product is designed to look like a baseball cap, you'll be able to wear it when you are out and about. The cap was made in The United States to ensure quality and reliability.
Over 98% of individuals who have used the Theradome Pro LH80 have experienced positive results and been able to regrow their hair. The FDA has cleared this laser cap product as a safe and effective option for regrowing hair.
The Theradome is made using only medical-grade lasers; it does not have any LED lights like some other products. It features a cordless design with a rechargeable battery, so you'll be able to move around your home while you are wearing it. It will also stay on your head, so you'll be able to attend to other tasks while you are undergoing your treatments.
This option is designed to be used by men or women who are looking to regrow hair. It can help thicken your hair follicles, slow down or stop the loss of hair, and even regrow new hair.
When you use this product, there will be three main phases in the hair regrowth process. First, your current hair loss will be slowed down. This will take place over the first one to three months of use. Then, during the next few months, the hair you currently have will be thickened. From about month six on, you will begin to grow new hair.
You will only need to wear the Theradome for up to 20 minutes each day, two days per week. It uses 80 x 680 nanometer lasers to deliver the best results. The Theradome is backed with a six-month guarantee if you are not satisfied with your results.
The HairMax LaserBand features a headband-like design that will help regrow hair. It can also be used to stop your hair from thinning and help it to grow in stronger and full of volume.
This product is designed to be used at least three day each week. To use it, place it towards the front of your scalp and turn it on. After about 30 seconds, move it back a little bit. Continue moving it back every 30 seconds until you have reached the back of your head.
This product contains 82 medical grade lasers that are designed to stimulate hair growth. The band contains teeth that are designed to part your hairs and spread them out as you push it back. This will help the light from the lasers reach your follicles, leading to more stimulation and more hair growth.
Unlike some other companies that have completed just a few (or zero) clinical studies, HairMax has tested this product in seven different clinical studies. Results from these studies have also been published in six different peer review medical journals. The HairMax LaserBand has been cleared by the FDA and has numerous medical device licenses throughout the world.
The iRestore Laser Hair Growth System is designed to help regrow hair for individuals who have thinning hair, receding hairlines, or alopecia. This product has been cleared by the FDA and comes with a six-month money back guarantee.
The manufactures of iRestore say that typically individuals begin to see results within three to six months. This product utilizes Low Level Laser Therapy to help stimulate growth of new hair.
If you are already using other hair regrowth products, like supplements minoxidil, or shampoo, you can use this product alongside of them to see enhanced results.
The iRestore Laser Hair Growth System is designed to cover your whole head. Your hands will be free during your treatments, and you won't need to worry about moving the device around to ensure full coverage of your scalp.
A clinical study that tested iRestore found that 100% of the active participants experienced a visible increase in hair growth. The average increase of the individuals' hair counts in the study was just above 43%.
Hair loss can be frustrating and disappointing. Finding a hair growth product that actually works can help you regain your lost hair and feel better about yourself. Before selecting a product, you will want to take some time to compare your options to make sure you choose the best product to meet your needs.
There are a few different things you want to consider. First, look for products that have been cleared by the FDA. Additionally, finding a product that has undergone testing and has scientific studies to back it up is a good idea.
While there are many different products and treatment methods designed to help regrow hair loss, only three of these types of products have been cleared by the FDA and shown to be the most effective. Finasteride, minoxidil, and laser treatments are the three product categories that have been FDA cleared, so you may want to find an option that features one of these methods.
You may also want to consider the amount of time you'll be using each product and how easy it is to use. Choosing a product that is easy to use and that will have a minimal impact on your schedule will help you use it more consistently, which will lead to better results.
Another thing to consider when choosing the right hair regrowth product is whether the manufacturers offer any warranties or guarantees with their products. These can help you feel more confident that you are purchasing a product that will actually help you regrow your hair.
Finally, consider the cost of the different options you are considering. While you don't want to pick a product exclusively because of the price, it can help you decide between two products you are considering.
best hair regrowth product
After reviewing five different hair regrowth products, our top pick is the illumiflow 272 Diodes. There are a few different things that made this product stand out against the other options.
First, this product user Low Level Laser Therapy. LLLT has been shown to be very effective in helping to regrow hair. It can help with various form of hair loss as well.
Next, since this product is FDA cleared and goes through more testing than some other options, you can be more confident that it will yield the results you are looking for. The makers of the illumiflow are also always working to improve their product to make it as effective as it can be.
Using the illumiflow will not take a huge time commitment. You'll only need to wear it three times a week for about 30 minutes. Plus, your hands will be free, so you'll be able to work on other tasks while you wear it.
This product has 272 different lasers that are designed to provide full-coverage of your scalp and help your hair grow again. It has been rated for up to 20,000 uses, so you should be able to use it for many years to come.
We think you'll be impressed with the result you'll see with the illumiflow 272 Diodes. Place your order today so you can get started using it right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can lost hair be regrown?
Lost hair can sometimes be regrown. It will depend on the reason behind the hair loss in the first place.
Do hair regrowth product actually work?
There are many products on the market that can actually help you regrow hair. However, there are also many products that will not reliably help to grow hair. This is why it is important to do some research and purchase products from reputable companies.
How long do you need to use a hair regrowth product for before seeing results?
This question will vary based on different factors, such as the product you use and your hair type.
How much do hair regrowth products cost?
Hair growth products can range is price from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars. The price you pay will be impacted by the type of product you choose, the method it uses to regrow hair, and how effective it is.
Is hair loss normal?
Yes, some hair loss is completely normal. The average adult loses up to 80 strands of hair each day. So, finding some hair on the carpet, sofa, or in the shower drain is normal.
If you are losing more than this or your hair is not growing back in, then it can be a sign that something is wrong.
What are the signs of hair loss?
Hair loss can present itself in different ways for different individuals. Sometimes, your hair may gradually change and fall out. Other times, the hair loss will be much more sudden and quicker.
Here are a few symptoms that should alert you that you are beginning to have an issue with hair loss:
- Bald spots: If you begin notice bald spots or patches on your head (or even eyebrows or beard), it may be a sign that more hair will be falling out soon.
- Loss of hair on your entire body: Sometimes hair loss is not just restricted to the hair on your head. Medical conditionals or treatments may cause the hair loss on your whole body.
- Thinning of the hair on the top of the head: A receding hairline in men or wider spacing along the part line in women are signs of thinning hair.
- Loss of handfuls of hair: If you have noticed that you are losing more hair than is typical when you brush your hair or wash it, it can also be a sign of hair loss of thinning. This change is often brought about by a physical or emotional shock. It is also temporary, so it should not cause too much concern about permanent hair loss.
Is hair loss a problem for women or just men?
While men may be more likely to suffer from hair loss, it also affects women. One out of every three women either deal with hair loss or thinning of their hair during the life.
Do certain things put you at a higher risk of hair loss?
Yes, you may be at a higher risk for hair loss if one of the following is true:
- You have diabetes, lupus, or other medical conditions associated with hair loss.
- You have recently lost a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time.
- You are feeling overly stressed or anxious.
- You are not eating a balanced diet and getting enough nutrients.
- There is a family history of balding on either your father's or mother's side of the family.
What is the different between genetic hair loss and reactive hair loss?
Genetic hair loss is when something in your DNA gives you a predisposition for hair loss. One example of genetic hair loss is male pattern baldness, though this is not the only type.
Reactive hair loss is caused by factors outside of your body. It can be caused b medications, diseases, deficiencies in certain nutrients, hairstyles, stress, and weight swings.
What are the causes of hair loss?
Hair loss in can be caused by a variety of factors. Some of these are genetic factors that you may be predisposed to, while others may be remedied with some lifestyle changes:
- Stress: Stress can wreak havoc on our bodies is many ways. One of these ways is through hair loss. In addition to causing hair loss, stress may also cause some other problems including digestive issues, dandruff, and messing with your eating habits. These problems can also lead to additional hair loss troubles.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormones are important in the hair growth cycle. If you have too many androgens, it can shorten the cycle and lead to hair loss or problems with growing enough new hairs.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency: Vitamin B12 helps keep our red blood cells healthy. These cells are responsible for bringing oxygen to our tissues. So, if you aren't getting enough Vitamin B12, it can cause a problem with hair growth.
- Anemia or iron deficiency: Our hair cells need iron to grow new hairs. So, if you are anemic or have an iron deficiency it can lead to hair loss.
- Thyroid imbalance: Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can also lead to hair loss. The thyroid controls our body's product of protein and the oxygen used by our tissues. If the thyroid is not functioning correctly, these processes will be disrupted, which can cause hair loss.
- Quick or dramatic weight loss: Nutritional deficiencies sometimes first show up in hair. If you've recently lost a lot of weight after a crash diet or another reason, it could be the reason for your hair loss.
- Age: Men who are older are more likely to suffer from hair loss. New hair growth will slow down and the hairs you do have will shorten.
As women get closer to menopause and after they have gone through menopause, it is more likely that they will experience hair loss. Your hair will also become finer as part of the aging process.
Are people with certain hair colors more likely to lose hair than others?
There may be a link between hair color and hair loss. Studies have shown that people with blond hair may lose more hair each day. However, typically, people with blond hair have more hair on their head, so the hair loss may not be as noticeable.
While many brunettes may not lose as many strands of hair as people with blond hair do, since they have less hair on their heads to start with, they can lose a larger percentage of their hair. This would make their hair loss more noticeable.
Can hair loss be a sign of something serious?
Sometimes, hair loss can be nothing more than an inconvenience and an annoyance. Other times, it can indicate that there is something more serious going on.
If you notice any of these symptoms, it is probably a good idea to schedule an appointment with your doctor and rule out something more serious.
- Loss of energy: A constant feeling of being very tired can be a sign that your body is not well-nourished. Be sure to eat a well-balanced diet if you are concerned this may be the cause of your hair loss.
- Achy muscles: Hair loss along with achy muscles may be a sign of hypothyroidism. Other symptoms associated with hypothyroidism include weight gain and feeling fatigued.
- Loss of eyebrow hair or eyelash hair:
- Brittle nails: An iron deficiency could cause brittle nails and hair loss. Some other symptoms you may experience if you have an iron deficiency include feeling weak and exhausted, cold hands and feet, and chest pain.
- Face of body rashes: Face or body rashes accompanied by hair loss may be a sign that you have lupus.
Can the way I style my hair cause it to fall out?
Yes, some hair styles may make it more likely that you'll experience hair loss. Hairstyles that pull your hair too tightly, placing too much stress on the hair can possibly cause hair loss.
Frequent use of serums and styling creams that are very heavy can also place too much weight on the hair and may contribute to hair loss.
What can I do to prevent my hair from falling out?
If you know hair loss runs in your family, and you are looking to be proactive, there are some things you can do that may have you avoid losing your hair.
- Quit smoking: Smoking has been connected with baldness, so quitting could decrease your chances of losing your hair.
- Keep your hair protected from the sun: Cover your hair or stay out of the sun when possible since sunlight can damage it.
- Talk to your doctor about the medications you take: Since some medications or supplements have been linked with hair loss, check with your doctor to confirm you aren't taking any of these. If so, see if there is an alternative medication he or she could prescribe.
- Be kind to your hair: Try to avoid hair styles that are too tight, limit the use of hot rollers and curling irons, and use detangler and wide-toothed combs to gently brush out your hair.
Can certain foods help you regrow hair?
Eating a diet rich in nutrients can play an important role in maintaining the health of your hair. If you have noticed that you are starting to lose hair or your hair is thinning, adjusting your diet may make a difference, especially for non-genetic causes of hair loss.
Below are a few foods you can incorporate into your diet as well as the specific nutrients found in them that can help your hair grow in more fully:
- Berries: antioxidants, vitamin C, and other helpful vitamins
- Eggs: biotin and protein
- Avocados: vitamin E
- Sweet potatoes: beta-carotene
- Shrimp: B vitamins, protein, iron, zinc, vitamin D
- Salmon and other fatty fish: omega-3 fatty acids
- Oysters: zinc
- Beans:zinc, iron, folate, biotin
- Spinach: iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate
- Seeds: zinc, selenium, vitamin E
- Nuts: vitamin E, B vitamins, fatty acids, zinc
- Sweet peppers: vitamin C and vitamin A
- Soybeans: spermidine
How long will it take to see an improvement in hair regrowth?
If you've made lifestyle changes, starting taking a supplement, or are trying another product designed to help regrow hair, don't expect to see any noticeable changes for at least six weeks. Our hair takes time to grow and your hair's growth cycle will need at least six weeks for the changes you are making to have an effect on hair growth.