Are you tired of shaving feeling like a tedious chore? Are you looking for a razor that can speed up the process and leave you with fewer cuts and nicks? Well then you might want to consider an electric razor. Many women prefer using an electric razor over a standard razor for this very reason, and switching to an electric razor might make those time-consuming shaves much more enjoyable.
To help you with this search, we have reviewed five of the best electric razors for women in the section below. After you read through our reviews, you'll be able to purchase the perfect razor for you.
Top 5: Electric Razors for Women Review
Product Image & Rating (Out Of 10)
The Remington WDF5030ACDN is a top-notch razor designed to leave you with smooth skin and feels great every time you use it. This product has an open-blade system so that it can catch all the hairs that the blades pass through. This product has four shaving blades that work together to ensure a smooth and silky finish.
If you have any longer hairs sticking out, the flex dual-sided trimmer helps to get them prepped and ready to be cut by the blades in the foil. And, most importantly, the head for this product is angled in the ideal position to leave you with a smooth shave every time.
Additionally, every time you pass over your skin with this product, the almond oil strip transfers hydrating oil to your skin. This oil strip won't create razor burn OR breakouts since it is also coated with an antimicrobial finish. This product is also waterproof, so you can feel free to use it in the shower or wherever you're most comfortable.
When you purchase this product, you'll receive a charging stand and guard for the razor's head. A comb and travel bag will also be included with your purchase.
The SaikerMan features five circular cutting blades that are designed to work together for a perfect shave. The five 4D blades contour around curves to ensure that no stray hairs are left.
This product has an ergonomic and easy to use design. It is safe for just about any part of the body, including the legs, face, bikini, arms, and ankles. With the Dynamic Flex Technology this product offers, shaving is painless. There is also a hair trimmer designed to let you trim longer armpit hairs before shaving them.
This product can be used for up to 45 minutes without needing to be recharged. It has a lithium ion battery. When the battery is low, simply plug it in with the USB charge cable and it will be fully charged in no time.
This product is safe to use for either wet or dry shaving so you can easily shave in the shower. Cleaning is then a breeze - just grab some water and clean it with the included brush.
The Panasonic ES2207P is a red and white foil shaver ideally suited to shave around the contours of the legs and armpits. This product has three sharp blades and is able to follow the contours of your body to give you a close shave. To clarify, the pivoting head on this model is flexible ad won't leave stranglers around those pesky spots like the ankles or the back of the knees.
This product is waterproof and can be used as a wet or dry shaver. It also features stainless-steel blades that are hypoallergenic. Most importantly, these hypoallergenic blades will help to avoid any irritation caused by shaving.
There is a pop-up trimmer on this product as well. It can be used to get hairs around your bikini area or your under arms. Once you are done shaving, cleaning this product is easy. It simply needs to be washed under running water and then it will be clean and ready to be used again.
There is a rechargeable battery that will be fully charged when plugged in overnight (about 12 hours). Once the battery is charged, you can shave with this product for 20 minutes before you need to charge again.
With the Braun Silk-épil 5 5-280, you'll be able to shave hair that is four times shorter than what waxing can remove! This product can remove hair that is as short as a grain of sand (.5 mm), so you never have to wait until your hair grows back until your legs are silky soft once again.
This product is so effective at removing hairs because it is an epilator, which is slightly different compared to a foil razor. An epilator works like tweezers to pluck hairs, but it can remove more than one hair at a time.
To help make hair removal more comfortable, this product features a high-frequency massage system. It also has a pivoting head that allows it to follow the contours of your body and shave off all your hairs.
This product also offers a shaver head, so instead of using it as an epilator, you have the option o use it as an electric shaver. While this product can be easily cleaned by holding it under running water, it is meant to be used for dry shaves only. When you purchase this product, you'll receive with your purchase a shaver head, trimmer cap, efficiency cap, and cooling glove.
The CLEVER BRIGHT is a four-in-one system designed to help you remove unwanted hair from different and hard-to-reach areas. This is one of the most versatile products on our list because it can be used for your legs, face, nose, eyebrows, ears, and bikini area. Additionally, included come four interchangeable blades that are specially designed to help you target all of these areas.
If you travel often, then you won't have to worry about buying anything else in order to accommodate luggage requirements. Thankfully, this is a small product and it is designed to be easy to take along with you to be available when you need it. With your purchase, you will also get a shaver, a facial hair remover head, an eyebrow hair trimmer head, and a nose hair trimmer head.
To prevent irritation and breakouts, this item is hypoallergenic. Shaving with this product is painless. It has a soft blade to prevent accidental cuts or nicks to your skin.
The eyebrow attachment features two different settings to allow you to customize your look. You can either trim your eyebrows to two millimeters or four millimeters. The tool allows you to trim very precisely to achieve the look you want. When the battery runs out on this item, it can be plugged in using the USB port. This makes it easy to charge whether you are traveling or at home.
A women's electric razor is a great tool to help you quickly and easily removed unwanted hair from multiple locations on your body. Shaving with an electric razor is often quicker than using a traditional product. Plus, when you use an electric razor, you have less of a chance of getting a cut or nick.
When you are looking for a women's electric razor, there are a few things for you to consider before making your purchase. First, you should decide what you'll be using the product for. If you'll be using it to remove hair in areas other than just your legs, you may want to look for a product that offers different attachments.
Another thing to consider is whether the models you're thinking about purchasing are waterproof. If you would prefer to shave in the shower or with shaving cream, then you'll want to make sure you purchase a product that is waterproof.
You will also want to pay attention to how effective the cutting blades are, how easy the razor is to clean, and how long the razor will work after being fully charged.
best women's electric razor
We are confident you'll be satisfied with your purchase if you choose any of the five products we reviewed above. However, our top pick is the SaikerMan Cordless Electric Razor.
This product features an ergonomic design and will follow the curves and contours of your body to leave you with silky smooth skin. There is also a hair trimmer you can use to cut down some longer hairs before you shave them.
This is a great product for travel as well. The lithium ion battery charges quickly and can be used for about 45 minutes without needing to be recharged. And finally, we love that this razor can be used with both wet and dry shaving. So, if you prefer to shave in the shower, this product won't stop you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should Women Use Electric Razors?
This is a personal preference and the answer will vary for everyone. There is no reason why women shouldn't use an electric razor. Many women prefer them because you can shave more quickly than with other razor. When you use an electric razor, you also are less likely to get cut or nicked while shaving.
What Is the Difference Between Men's and Women's Electric Razors?
There are a few differences between men's and women's electric razors. Men's razors typically provide a closer shave, while women's razors are a bit gentler. Since women typically shave more sensitive areas, such as their legs and under their armpits, razors for women are designed to cause less skin irritation.
Can You Cut Yourself with an Electric Razor?
You can still get cut or nicked when you use an electric razor, but it doesn't happen as often or as easily compared to a razor with a blade.
How Much Does a Women's Electric Razor Cost?
The cost of women's razors varies quite a bit. You can find some that are around $20, while other options will be over $100.
Women's Guide To Shaving With An Electric RazorWhen it comes to shaving, women have a lot of ground to cover. Keeping your legs, arms, and bikini area smooth and hairless takes significant time and effort, especially if you want to trim them every day. That's why many women eventually switch to an electric razor for speed and convenience.
If you've never used an electric razor before, you might be unsure how to shave with a new tool. This guide will help you buy the right electric razor and use it to get smooth, hairless, and flawless skin.
The Difference Between Electric and Disposable Razors
If you're used to shaving your legs with a disposable razor, you might have noticed that electric razors don't feel the same. That's because electric and disposable razors use radically different cutting methods.
Disposable razors use a single blade to slice through each hair, much like a knife. Double-and triple-bladed razors work by letting the first blade catch and pull the hair upward while the next blade cuts through. This results in a shave so close that the end of the hair might actually end up underneath the skin.
In contrast, electric razors work more like a pair of scissors. As the razor passes over an area, the hairs are trapped between two blades and sliced in half. The tension between the blades and your skin helps cut the hair as close to the base as possible.
Because electric razors don't tug on the hair, they can be a much better choice for delicate or sensitive skin. Electric razors also work better on thicker hair, and they can cover a larger area more quickly. However, disposable razors will always be the best tool for removing stubborn hairs and shaving hard-to-reach areas.
Choosing an Electric Razor
Whether you look online or at a local store, shopping for women's razors can be overwhelming. There are many brands and styles on the market that can make your decision harder than it needs to be. The truth is that you'll need to test out a razor to know how well it shaves. However, you can guide your purchase by checking for the following features.
Electric razors typically have either rotary or foil blades. Although there might be other features like extra blades and special guards, the blade type will usually have the greatest impact on the quality of your shave.
Rotary razors feature multiple circular blades capped with a rubber or plastic head. When you run the razor over your skin, the hairs will get caught in the blades and trimmed on the next rotation. Rotary razors work better on longer hairs, so they're a good choice if you don't want to shave every day.
Foil razors feature a stable metal "foil" that covers a series of cutting blades. Foil razors shave in smooth, straight lines. They're the best choice if you have sensitive skin or fine hair. Foil razors do not work as well on long or thick hair; the hair tends to get caught between the blades, clogging the razor.
Foil razors are probably the best choice for shaving your legs, arms, and bikini area on a daily basis. However, if you find using a foil razor frustrating and tedious, a rotary razor might solve your problems.
Dry vs. Wet Shaving
Most electric razors are intended to be used on dry skin. This protects any wiring inside the razors and prevents the blades from getting clogged with shaving lotion. Dry shaving is faster and is the best choice when you're in a bit of a hurry. Rotary blades are almost always intended for a dry shave, although there are plenty of exceptions on the market.
Despite this standard, many people find that a wet shave produces better results, especially on sensitive skin. In response, many manufacturers have created electric razors that are intended to be used for a wet shave. These razors tend to have foil blades and removable heads that can be easily cleaned.
If you aren't sure whether you prefer wet or dry shaving, look for a razor that's capable of doing both. These razors will typically be cordless and may even have blades that can be swapped to accommodate different shaving styles.
Mens and Women's Razors
There's a reason men's and women's razors are typically stocked on different sides of the aisle. Although these electric razors make use of the same underlying technologies, there are distinct design variations that can impact your purchasing decision.
Men's razors are typically intended to trim facial hair. Beard hair is thicker, curlier, and longer than women's body hair. This means that men's razors usually have larger blades that may move at a higher speed. Men's razors can also be curved to accommodate the contour of the average jawline.
In contrast, women's razors are smaller in size and have far more delicate blades. Women's razors are also contoured, but they're shaped to shave legs instead of faces. The handle of a women's razor is also likely to be designed for use by smaller hands.
Generally speaking, women will have a better time shaving with an electric razor designed for their needs. However, men's electric razors can be used to do the same job. If you can't find an electric razor that works for your routine, consider checking on the other side of the aisle before you give up on your quest.
Corded or Cordless?
Electric razors need a source of power. Whether you buy a corded or cordless razor will define your shaving experience, so make sure to choose the one that's right for you.
Cordless razors almost always run off a battery pack. Some razors use disposable batteries, while others can be charged on a corded docking station. Cordless razors are the most popular choice for women's shaving since they're more portable and flexible. They're also more likely to be waterproof, although this depends on the quality of the battery pack.
Corded razors are usually cheaper than their battery-powered counterparts. Because they don't need to include a battery pack, corded razors often have simpler and lighter designs. The main disadvantage of corded razors is that they don't always extend far from the wall - something that can be a major problem if you're trying to shave your legs.
Cordless razors are better for all-purpose shaving. However, if you're looking to save money, corded razors often cost less while features the same high-quality motors and blades. And since the are fewer parts, corded razors may also last for significantly longer.
Features and Quality
Like other electronics, women's razors are often advertised with a variety of features that aren't actually necessary for the intended function. If you get caught up in promises of LED interfaces and high-tech accessories, you might accidentally buy a razor that only lasts for a few months.
A good razor has strong blades, a solid casing, and an internal motor that can stand the test of time. The blades should be replaceable, and you shouldn't have to go to a specialty store to buy the replacement. If the razor charges with a docking station, the station should also be stable and well-constructed.
Some razors come with accessories like detachable guides and replaceable heads. These accessories can be useful, but they can't replace an effective base design. If the head of your razor is replaceable, check the quality of the connection point.
Other features, like light sensors or sonic vibrations, will probably add very little to the shaving experience. Don't avoid a great razor because it comes with a light sensor, but make sure you're not passing up a functional tool because it doesn't look as fancy as the other razors on the shelf.
Your Shaving Supply List
Once you've found your razor, you'll need a few other things to ensure a proper shave. Depending on your preference, you might want to buy:
- Shaving gel: Unless you plan to do a dry shave, you'll need a shaving lotion or foam. Look for a water-based shaving gel that won't clog up the blades on your razor. Avoid oily shaving creams unless they were specifically designed with electric razors in mind.
- Moisturizer: No matter which shaving method you use, your legs may end up dry and scratchy after the razor passes over your skin. A gentle lotion, moisturizer, or aftershave will help reduce the irritation and prevent tiny bumps from appearing around your hair follicles.
- Towels: A soft towel will help you dry your legs and prevent shaving injuries. Look for something made from good fabric; if you use a rough towel, you might create minor abrasions that will become irritated when you apply your shaving cream.
- Disposable razors: Having disposable razors on hand is always a good idea when you're shaving. These razors can be used to remove the one or two stubborn hairs that electric razors always seem to miss.
How to Dry Shave with an Electric Razor
Dry shaving is the most common way to shave with an electronic razor. This method is quick and easy. You can shave either before or after you take a shower; it all depends on what works best for your skin and your beauty routine.
- Make sure the razor is charged. There's nothing worse than having your razor die when one leg is half-shaved. Start charing your razor as soon as you know you're getting ready to shave.
- Check the instructions. Unless you've used this electric razor before, flip open the instruction manual to make sure you're not missing anything important. Most razors have an on/off switch, but yours may also have various speed settings.
- Clean the area you will be shaving. For dry shaving to work, the skin needs to be clean and free of any oils. This means you shouldn't use a moisturizer before you shave. If you're worried about your skin drying out, avoid using soap as well.
- Trim excess hair. Longer hairs tend to clog electric razors. If you haven't shaved an area for a long time, you may want to trim the hairs down with scissors before you turn your razor on. This is more important for intimate areas than for arms or legs.
- Dry the skin completely. Once your skin is clean, gently dry the area with a soft towel. Try to remove any excess oil or moisture. Use slow and delicate motions to avoid creating minor abrasions on your skin.
- Shave a small area. Your first pass with a new razor should always be as small as possible. That way, if something's wrong, you'll still be able to correct it. Pick an area near your ankle or in another unnoticeable place, and use your electric razor according to the instructions on the package.
- Continue shaving. Once you're comfortable, use your electric razor on the entire area you want to shave. You may need to clean your razor once or twice throughout this process; if you notice the blade slowing down, it may be clogged.
- Clean up the edges. Electric razors can only do so much. If you still have a few hairs left after you're done trimming, pull out a disposable razor to clean them up.
- Brush away fallen hairs. Women's body hairs are usually very fine, but they can still stick to your skin after shaving is done. Use a towel to brush any loose hairs from your legs. You can also hop in the shower to clean up.
- Apply moisturizer. As a final step, treat your freshly-shaved skin with your favorite lotion or aftershave. Be gentle with your skin; it will be sensitive for a few minutes after the razor is turned off.
How to Wet Shave with an Electric Razor
- Charge the razor. Electric razors intended for wet shaving are almost always cordless, so you'll need to make sure yours is charged before you begin. You should also check the instructions to ensure that you can navigate all of the settings on your razor.
- Clean the area. Shaving works best when your skin is clean of dirt, sweat, and lotion. Use a mild body soap to wash the area that you want to shave.
- Wet your skin. Wet shaving requires water. For the best results, soak your skin in warm water before shaving; standing under the shower stream works perfectly well. You can also place a warm and wet towel over your legs for a few minutes.
- Apply shaving gel. When it comes to shaving gel, you almost always need less than you think you do. Your goal is to spread a thin layer of gel to protect your skin while you shave.
- Shave a small area. Test your razor on a small patch of skin in an unnoticeable area. Use the razor to remove the shaving gel, and the hairs should come along with it.
- Continue shaving. Once you know what you're doing, use the razor on the entire area that needs to be shaved. Your first pass should be in the same direction that your hairs grow, and the second pass should be in the opposite direction. Go slowly to avoid accidentally cutting yourself.
- Clean up extra hairs. Use a disposable razor to remove any hairs that were not picked up by your electric trimmer. This tiny step makes all the difference when you want your legs to be perfectly smooth.
- Wash the area. Shaving gel leaves a slight residue that can easily be removed with warm water. Only use gentle soaps for this step; you don't want to irritate your skin.
- Apply moisturizer. After you get out of the shower and towel off, use your favorite aftershave lotion to soothe your skin. Apply the lotion gentle to avoid redness and bumps.
Shaving with an electric razor is surprisingly easy. While you're working, pay attention to how hard you need to press and how quickly you can shave a patch of skin. Always use a slow and steady hand, even if you're feeling comfortable; one wrong move with any razor can result in an unsightly cut on your leg. But as long as you're careful and follow the instructions, switching to an electric razor is one of the best ways to upgrade your shaving experience.
Now that you've read our reviews, it is time for you to decide which product you like best. Weigh the pros and cons for the different options and think about exactly what you want in your new electric razor. Then, you'll be able to decide which product is best for you.
Once you've decided which item you love, order it right away. The sooner you place your order, the sooner you'll be able to enjoy silky and smooth skin.